Wowsers! It’s been over 6 months since my last blog post. What has brought me back? Today I really just wanted to share this recipe for vegie muffins. You see, my DD is dairy intolerant and so finding quick and easy foods for her to eat (apart from vegie and fruit purees) has been rather challenging. Many of the off-the-shelf products in the supermarket contain dairy so I’m left preparing much of her diet from fresh produce. This is NOT something I mind, in fact I rather prefer knowing that DD is getting nutritious and tasty foods prepared at home, but when you can’t use milk, cheese, butter or other dairy products, finding suitable recipes is not always easy.
Dairy Free Vegie Muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup rice milk (or soy or almond etc.)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegies, defrosted
- Mix together flour and baking powder
- Combine beaten egg, milk and oil
- Add all at once to the flour stirring quickly until just mixed. (The mixture should be a little bumpy.)
- Fold in vegetables
- Divide mixture between 12 cupcake papers and bake in a hot oven (220 degrees celsius) for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.